Leeds is ranked in the top 100 in the world, QS World University Rankings 2022
The School of Mathematics is globally renowned for its teaching, research and engagement with industry and government, with over 140 staff and 1,400 students from over 60 countries studying with us.
The quality of our research, and the funding it attracts, means we’re able to invest in world-class facilities and academic staff who are actively engaged in cutting-edge research, which means you will be taught by internationally renowned, inspirational academics working at the top of their fields.
- Top 200 in the world for Mathematics, QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021
- The University of Leeds is among the top 100 universities, QS World University Rankings 2022
- The University of Leeds was named University of the Year in 2017 by The Times and The Sunday Times’ Good University Guide
- University of Leeds students are among the top 5 most targeted by top employers according to The Graduate Market 2021, High Fliers Research
- We are a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities
Athena SWAN Silver award
We have been commended for our strong and continued commitment to gender equality in the form of a prestigious Athena SWAN Silver award. Find out more about our commitment to supporting women in STEM.
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
Every six years, the UK’s four higher education funding bodies undertake an exercise to measure the quality of research undertaken by UK higher education institutions (HEIs). The funding bodies use the outcomes to inform the allocation of their research funding to HEIs. The Research Excellence Framework was the framework used in 2014.
Unit of assessment: Mathematical Sciences
- Top 10 in the UK for Mathematics for the quality of our research
- 3.21 overall quality profile
- 100% of our research environment is conducive to producing research of ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ quality
- 86.7% of our research has either ‘outstanding’ or ‘very considerable’ impact
- 85% of our research is ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’
- 81.3% of our research outputs are ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’
Keep up to date with what’s happening in the School by following us on Twitter.