8th in the UK for Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Guardian University Guide, The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
The School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering is one of the leading Electronic and Electrical Engineering schools in the UK with over 100 years’ experience in both teaching and research excellence. We have around 700 students from over 65 countries studying with us.
The quality of our research, and the funding it attracts, means we’re able to invest in world-class facilities and academic staff who are actively engaged in cutting-edge research, which means you will be taught by internationally renowned, inspirational academics working at the top of their fields.
- 8th in the UK for Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
- 8th in the UK for Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Guardian University Guide 2022
- The University of Leeds is among the top 100 universities, QS World University Rankings 2022
- 89% overall student satisfaction for electronic and electrical engineering, National Student Survey 2021 and ranked 2nd in the Russell Group
- The University of Leeds was named University of the Year in 2017 by The Times and The Sunday Times’ Good University Guide
- University of Leeds students are among the top 5 most targeted by top employers according to The Graduate Market 2021, High Fliers Research
- We are a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities
Athena SWAN Silver award
We have been commended for our strong and continued commitment to gender equality in the form of a prestigious Athena SWAN Silver award. Find out more about our commitment to supporting women in STEM.
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
Every six years, the UK’s four higher education funding bodies undertake an exercise to measure the quality of research undertaken by UK higher education institutions (HEIs). The funding bodies use the outcomes to inform the allocation of their research funding to HEIs. The Research Excellence Framework was the framework used in 2014.
Unit of assessment: Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials
- Ranked 2nd in the UK for Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Top 5 in the UK in a combined unit of assessment
- 3.41 overall quality profile
- 100% of our research outputs are ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’
- 100% of our research have either ‘outstanding’ or ‘very considerable’ impact
- 100% of our research environment is conducive to producing research of ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ quality.
Our Industrial Advisory Committee, which enhances the links between the School and our industrial partners, along with the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), help ensure our programmes are of the highest standard and meet the needs of industry.
Keep up to date with what’s happening in the School by following us on Twitter.