Top 100 university for Chemical Engineering, QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020
The School of Chemical and Process Engineering is globally renowned for its teaching and research with an established reputation across the entire spectrum of chemical, energy, petroleum, nuclear engineering and aviation technology.
We take a multi-disciplinary and modern approach to chemical engineering research and innovation, integrating world-leading analytical infrastructure and state-of-the-art physical science. The breadth of our capabilities allows us to take a true ‘atoms-to-products’ approach to process engineering and design, with impact across virtually all industrial sectors.
The quality of our research, and the funding it attracts, means we’re able to invest in world-class facilities and academic staff who are actively engaged in cutting-edge research, which means you will be taught by internationally renowned, inspirational academics working at the top of their fields.
We have just over 900 students from over 50 countries studying with us.
- Top 10 in the UK for Chemical Engineering, Complete University Guide 2021
- Top 100 in the world for Chemical Engineering, QS World University Rankings by Subject 2020
- Over 80% of our research was rated as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’, Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
- The University of Leeds is among the top 100 universities, QS World University Rankings 2021
- The University achieved a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) the highest award possible
- The University of Leeds was named University of the Year in 2017 by The Times and The Sunday Times’ Good University Guide
- The latest High Fliers report, The Graduate Market in 2020, has ranked Leeds in the top 10 most targeted universities in the UK by graduate recruiters
- We are a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities
Every six years, the UK’s four higher education funding bodies undertake an exercise to measure the quality of research undertaken by UK higher education institutions (HEIs). The funding bodies use the outcomes to inform the allocation of their research funding to HEIs. The Research Excellence Framework was the framework used in 2014.
Unit of assessment: General Engineering
- 2.97 overall quality profile
- 100% of our research environment is conducive to producing research of ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ quality
- 83% of our research is ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’
- 83% of our research outputs are ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’
Keep up to date with what’s happening in the School by following us on Twitter.