Top 100 university for Chemical Engineering – QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019
The School of Chemical and Process Engineering is globally renowned for its teaching and research with an established reputation across the entire spectrum of chemical, energy, petroleum, nuclear engineering and aviation technology. We have just over 1,200 students from over 60 countries studying with us, which makes us one of the largest integrated engineering schools in Europe.
Over 80% of our research was rated as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
- Top 10 in The Complete University Guide 2020
- Top 10 in the Guardian university league tables 2020
- Top 100 university for Chemical Engineering – QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019
- 96% of our recent graduates are employed or in further study within six months of graduating (latest Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey 2016/17).
- The University of Leeds is among the top 100 universities, QS World University Rankings 2020
- We achieved a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) the highest award possible
- The University of Leeds was named University of the Year in 2017 by The Times and The Sunday Times’ Good University Guide.
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
Every six years, the UK’s four higher education funding bodies undertake an exercise to measure the quality of research undertaken by UK higher education institutions (HEIs). The funding bodies use the outcomes to inform the allocation of their research funding to HEIs. The Research Excellence Framework was the framework used in 2014.
Unit of assessment: General Engineering
- 2.97 overall quality profile
- 100% of our research environment is conducive to producing research of ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ quality
- 83% of our research is ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’
- 83% of our research outputs are ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’