Communication networks and systems
We have recently established a state of the art optical communication laboratory with the following facilities:
- 3 SDN enabled 100Gbps DWDM nodes and a range of optical components and test equipment including isolators, circulators, combiners/splitters, time delay coil, tunable filters, 1-10ns 4x4 optical switches, AWGs, 1x4 ROADMs, variable optical attenuators, EDFAs, OTDR, and 400 km of fibre.
- Reconfigurable Optical switches including four 4x4 optical switches, Polatis 16x16 and 32x32 optical switches.
- 5 NetFPGA 100Gb/s SUME and 20 NetFPGAs with 4 10Gbps ports.
- 14 Cisco layer-3 switches each with 8x1Gb/s and 2x10Gb/s ports, 14 HP ProLiant DL120G7 servers, and six 10 Gb/s FUJITSU Server PRIMERGY systems and 10Gb/s Ethernet switches.
- 100Gbps traffic generators/analyzers.
- 20 Moog Crossbow nodes, supported by a range of sensor probes, with wireless connectivity to gateways and links to the data centre test-bed through a custom access PON.