In year three, you’ll undertake a large individual research project, where you can get involved in an area of current research within the School. Supporting this is a Professional Skills module, which will develop your project planning and management skills, as well as your understanding of ethics. There’s a wide selection of projects to choose from, as well as the opportunity to suggest your own project idea. You’ll have an academic supervisor who’ll meet you every week to provide guidance and support.
Examples of projects include:
• biomechanics of the human spine
• multi-scale modelling of a liquid cooled data centre
• formula student race car – chassis and suspension
• clothing performance in sports and hospitals
• engineering beyond the smartphone and tablet
• research project with Airbus
• bio-inspired unmanned aerial vehicle systems (UAVs).