- Start date: 1 December 2018
- End date: 30 November 2022
- Partners and collaborators: Andrew Straiton, PhD researcher at the University of Bath
- Primary investigator: Professor Anne Neville
- Co-investigators: Professor Ardian Morina, Professor Sven L. M. Schroeder
- External co-investigators: Dr Josh Smith, Infineum
- Postgraduate students: Callum Sweeney
Looking at novel anti-wear systems. Replacing (or to go alongside) ZDDP, since ZDDP contains/produces SAPS (Sulphated Ash, Phosphorus & Sulphur). The novel system focusses on metal oxide films which are both lubricious and wear resistant.