Corrosion and stress corrosion cracking in high alloy materials
- Start date: 1 April 2019
- End date: 31 March 2023
- Funder: Zhejiang Jiuli Hi-Tech Metals Co., Ltd
- Partners and collaborators: Jiuli Group
- Primary investigator: 00901695
- Co-investigators: Professor Richard Barker, Chun Wang
- Postgraduate students: Zezhou Wen
The aim of this research is to clarify the critical service limits of the tubing materials (S13Cr, 2205, 2507 and 028) in terms of the corrosion and stress corrosion cracking for deep/ultra-deep wells.
From these data, it will develop a material selection map for the corrosion engineers in order to provide the reference guidance when those materials exposed to both formation brine and completion fluids under high temperature and high pressure environments.