- Start date: 21 September 2021
- End date: 22 September 2021
- Duration: Two days
- Fees: £510 VAT exempt
- Venue: Village Hotel (Leeds North)
enquire book now
About the course
The Aseptic Services for Managers (ASfM) course has been jointly organised by the NHS and TSET (the Technical Specialist Education and Training group) and is facilitated by the University of Leeds.
What will I learn?
This course is a follow-up to the Aseptic Preparation and Dispensing of Medicines (APDM) course for senior, experienced pharmacy staff involved in aseptic preparation activities.
The course aims to:
explore the role and responsibilities of the Aseptic Unit manager in the modern healthcare environment
address key current issues for aseptic services
equip you to respond to issues in your own units
appraise and discuss current guidance
provide workshop sessions giving you tools for improving working practices.
How will I benefit?
The structure of the course will give you the opportunity to share practices with other delegates, and gain tips, solutions and resources to support practice back at base. You’ll receive a recommended reading list and learning objectives for each session, and your course notes will contain all slides plus additional handouts and resource lists.
Who should attend?
This course is specifically designed for Aseptic Unit Managers, especially Accountable Pharmacists (AcP), Authorised Pharmacists (AuP) and Senior Technicians. The course is also very relevant for Aseptic Unit Deputy Managers, those aspiring to a management role, and Senior QA/QC personnel in both licensed and unlicensed aseptic units.
The course is delivered via presentations from key speakers in the field with interactive workshops on both days to support delegates learning. Below is the provisional topics for the 2021 course:
- The NHSI Aseptic Services review – Phase 2 update
- Current issues and priorities for the aseptic service manager
- Impact of the NHSI Aseptic Services review
- The responsive aseptic service meeting clinical needs
- WORKSHOP: Current problems and issues for the aseptic manager
- Practical aspects of capacity and contingency planning
- PARALLEL SESSIONS: Management and prioritisation of the quality system / Managing hazards for operators
- Risk management of unlicensed medicines for preparation and purchase / Training and developing your aseptic workforce
- Managing a service crisis – bringing home PN back in house
- RCA and CAPA Processes
- WORKSHOP: CAPA
- PARALLEL SESSIONS: Meeting the unmet need for a CIVAS service in a DGH / ATMPs – Governance and operational impact on aseptic services
- Recent developments in standards, guidance and legislation / Current concepts in validation
- Preparing for EL(97)52 Audits and MHRA inspections – vital tips and guidance for service leads at all levels
- Microbiological issues in Aseptic Services
- Question and answers session – Microbiological issues
- The future for aseptics
- End of day two and the course is 16:35
Please note, CPD attendance certificates are given to delegates at the end of the course. We encourage you to plan your return travel to allow you attend the whole course.
Divisional Director of Pharmacy
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
Chairperson of The North West Aseptic Services Group
Deputy Course Director:
Lead QA Pharmacist,
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board, Wrexham Maelor Hospital
Confirmed speakers can be viewed on the full programme available to download now via the COURSE PROGRAMME button above.
2021 course fee £510
Fees are VAT exempt
Course fees include:
cost of tuition
light refreshments and the course dinner on Tuesday evening
ACCOMMODATION FOR DELEGATES IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE AND NEEDS TO BE BOOKED SEPARATELY (see accommodation tab).
How to Book
Delegates are advised to book early in case of any Covid19 restrictions in place at the time of the event, resulting in reduced capacities for the course. You can book your place via our Online Store to pay by debit or credit card or by completing a manual registration form to pay via invoice.
View our terms and conditions
Village Hotel Leeds (Leeds North)
186 Otley Road
Directions to the hotel can be found here.
Delegates can book their accommodation directly with the hotel (Village Leeds North) via Connect Direct. Connect Direct booking portal offers the most flexible discounted rate plan. Inclusions: at least 10% discount from the hotels best available room only rate, 25% discount from breakfast chargeable at £7.50 per guest, per night, complimentary car parking, leisure access and wifi. Flexible cancellation up to 7pm the night prior to arrival.
How to book your accommodation:
Bedrooms will be subject to availability. Early booking is advised.
What our delegates say
"As a Senior Pharmacy Technician, I feel this course is invaluable as a training tool for multiple aspects of Aseptics"
"A must do course for senior staff involved in aseptic services"
"Senior and Chief Technicians should attend this course it’s the best one I have been on in years!"
"Fantastic opportunity to network with national colleagues"
“Excellent course. Gives a full picture of aseptic units and the regulations to maintain GMP standards"
Katie Warner – Course Coordinator
CPD Conference and Events Unit
Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT
T: +44 (0)113 343 8104
Please note, the CPD team are currently working remotely due to covid-19 and therefore unable to be contacted by phone. If you have any queries please send us an email to the above email address – Many thanks.