Chem4Energy Annual Conference
Wednesday 20 – Sunday 24 March 2024
26° South Hotel in Muldersdrift, South Africa
Chem4Energy is pleased to announce the 2024 conference on ‘Materials and Processes for a Sustainable Energy Future’.
The Chem4Energy community has grown out of a number of collaborative UK-Africa consortium programmes and 2024 will see the third in this series of annual meetings, which focus in particular on:
- Highlighting the synergy between experiment and computation
- Offering opportunities for early career researchers to disseminate their work in oral and poster presentations - often their first conference talk!
- Allowing plenty of opportunity for discussion of the research presentations
The Chem4Energy conferences aim to bring together local academic and industrial researchers and developers from Southern Africa with colleagues from Europe, the USA and further afield, to discuss the latest developments in sustainable energy materials and processes, build new collaborations, and influence and support future directions in the field of sustainable energy research.
Although contributions in all areas within the Chem4Energy remit are welcome, core themes of the 2024 meeting include:
• Homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis for clean energy production;
• CO2 capture and utilisation;
• Materials for solar energy devices;
• Nuclear energy;
• Hydrogen production, storage and transport;
• High-performance computing in energy research.
• Prof Cornie van Sittert – North-West University, South Africa
• Dr Marietjie Ungerer – Cardiff University, UK
• Prof Nora de Leeuw – University of Leeds, UK; Utrecht University, The Netherlands