Whether studying with us at undergraduate or postgraduate level, our facilities in the School of Computing will enable you to build upon your expertise, giving you a solid understanding of how to use facilities in the sector. This means you can confidently take the next steps in industry or further study when you graduate.
Purpose-built teaching facilities
You'll be based in the Sir William Henry Bragg Building – an impressive development bringing our friendly, supportive and diverse community of students, researchers and academics together to collaborate in the same modern space. The Bragg building hosts a range of welcoming and accessible spaces, which will suit a variety of educational and social requirements.
Specialist computer laboratories
Throughout your studies you'll have access to specialist labs, technology and academic support. Our specialist facilities include:
- Robotics laboratories
- Individual machines, equipped with Microsoft- or Linux-software, capable of performing rendering
- A state-of-the art computing cluster, equipped with Azure services, and a visualisation laboratory, including a Powerwall, benchtop display with tracking system, WorldViz PPT optical tracking system and Intersense InertiaCube orientation tracker.
- Dedicated Linux laboratories with a combined capacity of an average of 150 machines
Facilities that optimise your learning
The School of Computing continually invests in the best facilities to provide a creative, cutting-edge learning environment. You'll find everything you need for your studies, including:
- Lecture theatres and seminar rooms containing the latest audio-visual technology and professional presentation equipment.
- Social spaces and cafés that make great places to relax or meet and work with friends and colleagues
- Our dedicated employability hub gives you access to industrial placements, internships, employability sessions, presentations and workshops delivered by employers and graduate opportunities.
- Leeds Institute for Data Analytics: State-of-the-art facilities in data analytics
- EPSRC National Facility for Innovative Robotic Systems: A national resource for the fabrication of complex systems which can be used for academic and industrial collaborations.
Study facilities that support your work
From 24-hour computer clusters, libraries and silent study areas when you need to finish an assignment without interruptions to interactive spaces, cafes and group rooms for collaborative project work — there’s always somewhere to go on campus to suit your study preference.