Dr Greg de Boer
- Position: Associate Professor
- Areas of expertise: Fluid Mechanics; Solid Mechanics; Design Optimisation; Numerical Methods; Tribology; Aerospace Design; Multiscale Modelling; Fluid Structure Interactions
- Email: G.N.deBoer@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2607
- Location: 2.33 Mechanical Engineering
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID | White Rose
- Programme Manager for UG Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering
- Associate Editor of the Proceedings of the IMechE Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology
- Academic Champion for the Leeds University Rocketry Association (LURA)
Multiscale modelling of lubricated contacts, including modelling of hydrodynamic cavitation and other related phenomena.
Computational modelling of poroelastic lubrication mechanisms in biological contacts.
Computational fluid mechanics for heat transfer problems, fluid/solid interfaces, viscoelasticity.
Fluid mechanics of pharmaceuticals processing.
Compliant structural mechanics simulations.
Comptutational modelling and experimental validation in tribology.
Design optimisation and metamodelling.
<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds
- MEng, BEng Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering, University of Leeds
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Member of the Royal Aeronautical Society (MRAeS)
- UKCGE Recognised Research Supervisor
Module leader for taught content in the design of aerospace vehciles and fluid structure interactions.
Project supervisor for undergraduates and postgraudates, with applications including aeroelasticity, aircraft design and computational mechanics.
Personal tutor for undergraduate students.
Open day and applicant day demonstrator.
Indsutry placement tutor.
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Thermofluids
Current postgraduate researchers
- Mike McDermott
- Craig Thomas
- Udayraj Yuvraj Thorat
- Dongze Wang
- Emily Jayne Butler
- Michael Jones
- Ramesh Devaramani
- Joshua Montgomery