Leeds - Lyon Symposium on Tribology
- Date: Tuesday 6 September 2016
- Location: Engineering Building
- Type: Conferences
- Cost: £870
Since the delivery of the landmark Jost report in 1966, which highlighted the importance of tribology to the UK economy, the field of tribology has been constantly evolving.
The symposium will bring together experts in experimental and mathematical approaches to tackle some of the most relevant issues in tribology in 2015.
Multidisciplinary and working across length scales from molecular to full engineering systems will be central to the symposium. We invite contributions across a wide spectrum of topics, including, but not limited to:
- Molecular level systems; advanced measurements and simulations
- Energy efficiency; novel and conventional power systems for vehicles and renewable technologies
- Advanced materials; pushing the boundaries to develop materials with optimised properties
- Tribology and medicine; from biotribology of implants to tribology in medical devices and at tissue/device interfaces
- Whole system simulations; advances in bridging the gap between laboratory and field data
The Leeds-Lyon Committee would like to send their condolences to the family and friends of Dr H Peter Jost. He will be sorely missed at the conference in September. We will be celebrating his enormous contribution to the field of tribology throughout the conference.