He is an Associate Professor in Project Management at the University of Leeds in the School of Civil Engineering. Previously, he has been a Senior Lecturer in Project Management at the University of Hertfordshire Business School and a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Associate Researcher at Newcastle Business School, working on a research project on Sustainability and Project Management. He sits in the Research Advisory Group for the Association for Project Management (APM) and lead the European Academy of Management (EURAM) track on ‘Projects & Society’.
His main research focus is on the study of dynamics of institutionalization of new practices, with particular focus on sustainability within the new occupations (such as Project Management). His broad research interests are related with business organization, Information Technology, Project Management, Sociology of Profession.
Possible PhD topics
- Sustainability transitions in construction
- Waste management
- Sustainability in fashion
- Responsible project management
- Conflict of interests over sustainability objectives
- Sustainability transitions
Alternatively, students can propose their own topic in any of the knowledge areas in the Project Management Body of Knowledge.
Link to the PM knowledge areas
- Project performance, project success
- Long-term versus short-term project focus
- Stakeholder management
Qualitative (content analysis, interviews, case study, ethnographic approaches), Quantitative (survey), and mixed methods.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD in Management
- APM - Association for Project Management
- FHEA - Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- EURAM - European Academy of Management
- BAM - British Academy of Management
I teach mainly project management and sustainable development topics.
Research groups and institutes
- Project management