IMforFUTURE Ageing Workshop
- Date: Monday 8 February 2021, 13:00 – 19:00
- Location: Online event
- Interval: Every day
- Until: Wednesday 10 February 2021
- Cost: Free
This online Ageing Workshop will discuss topics on the subject of glycomics and ageing. Registration and abstract submission is now open.
This Workshop is offered by the IMforFUTURE program (Innovative Training in Methods for Future Data). This multidisciplinary training program coordinates research activities from different scientific sectors such as genetics, glycomics, glycoproteomics, epigenetics, epidemiology, statistics and network analysis. IMforFUTURE focuses on exploring the topic of ageing, one of the most challenging and immunologically vulnerable process of life. While several biological aspects might influence this process, protein glycosylation is one of the less understood so far.
In this online workshop, we will discuss topics on the subject of glycomics and ageing. The program will address questions like: Why biological and chronological age might differ? How to determine our biological age using glycans? How to learn more about biological ageing: Which cohorts need to be studied? What data to be measured?
Our keynote speakers are:
- Gordan Lauc, Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Zagreb University, and Board member of Genos Ltd
- Carlito Lebrilla, Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Davis
- Sylvie Ricard-Blum, Professor of Biochemistry, University of Lyon
- Eline Slagboom, Professor of Molecular Epidemiology, Leiden University
The workshop will take place from February 8th-10th 2021.
Registration to this virtual workshop is free.
You are invited to submit an abstract and participate with a talk or a poster presentation.
Online registration and abstract submission is now open.
For more information on the workshop, please visit https://imforfuture.eu/ageing-workshop/