International Women's Day 2018
- Date: Friday 2 March 2018, 12:30 – 13:30
- Location: Engineering Building
- Cost: Free event
We're pleased to invite you to the 2018 International Women's Day event featuring Professor Catherine Noakes and other academic staff.
The event will take place in the Worsley Building between 12:30 and 1:30 pm. Professor Catherine Noakes, School of Civil Engineering, will be a member of the panel on Women In Science: Moving Up The Ladder. The programme will be as follows:
- 12:30 - 12:40 pm: Academic' Multitasking Is The Life For Me will be delivered by Dr Caroline Orfila, Director of Research and Innovation, School of Food Science and Nutrition.
- 12:40 - 1 pm: Interactive Talk on Women, Work and Mental Health will be delivered by Dr Sue Kilminster, School of Healthcare. The University is committed to equality and inclusion - this talk will look at how this works in relation to mental health challenges and emotional wellbeing as part of an interactive discussion.
- 1:00 - 1:30 pm: Women In Science: Moving Up The Ladder will include the following panel members: Professor Cath Noakes, School of Civil Engineering; Dr Anwesha Sarkar, School of Food Science and Nutrition; Dr Julia Lehman, School of Chemistry; and Professor Lea Berrang Ford, School of Earth and Environment.
For more details and to register for the event, visit Eventbrite.
Learn more about International Women's Day 2018.