Software & AI: The journey from research to impact & commercialisation
- Date: Thursday 8 February 2024, 08:30 – 10:00
- Location: Nexus, Discovery Way, Leeds, LS2 3AA
- Cost: Free
This event is for researchers in software and AI fields, who want to see their work developed into a commercial product or service – whether through a spin-out company or commercial partnership.
The focus of this breakfast event will be an insight into the journey that University of Leeds-based company Slingshot Simulations took when transferring AI research from the lab and into the market.
The support available from the Leeds commercialisation team, including funding streams such as proof of concept and proof of market, will be highlighted. The event will also introduce two supporting initiatives – the Leeds Software Accelerator and the AI Superconnector.
Andrew Naylor will give an overview of the Northern Gritstone VC fund and the opportunity it presents to emerging spin out companies from the University of Leeds.
Attendees will have an opportunity to meet all the presenters, wider commercialisation team and colleagues within the commercialisation eco-system at the University of Leeds in an informal, collaborative setting.
- A Q&A with Rob Harwood, CEO, Slingshot Simulations Ltd
- An investor perspective by Andrew Naylor, Northern Gritstone
- Overview of the support available from the Leeds commercialisation team by Blake Prime
- An introduction to the Leeds Software Accelerator and AI Superconnector