University of Leeds Hackathon
- Date: Friday 26 October 2018
- Location: Engineering Building
- Interval: Every day
- Until: Sunday 28 October 2018
- Cost: Free
Our University of Leeds hackathon is a 24 hour non-stop challenge where teams of four are invited to invent a solution to a technological challenge.
Our sponsors have provided a set of topics in the areas of financial tech, digital identity, security, and personal digital assistants.
Once you’ve been allocated a team, you will have 24 hours to propose a great idea for a particular topic and produce an initial prototype. You will then present your idea to a judging panel on Sunday afternoon. A winning team will be chosen for each topic area.
Throughout the event you will be given mentoring and support by research staff and engineers in designing and building your concept.
Mentors will also be on hand to look at your CV and give you tips on employability etc.
The hackathon will run across a weekend starting off with a welcome kick-off event:
- Friday 26th October (18:30) – Welcome reception for delegates and sponsors
- Saturday 27th October (10:30) – Hackathon Start
- Sunday 28th October (12:00) – Judging/prizes by Sponsors (scheduled close 15:00)