- Start date: 11 November 2021
- End date: 12 November 2021
- Duration: Two days
- Fees: TBC
- Venue: Copthorne Hotel, Dudley
About the course
About the course
This two-day refresher and reassessment programme is specifically designed for you if you’re required to take the formal assessment of competency required under HTM02 every five years. The aim is to give an opportunity for QC (MGPS) personnel to be aware of developments and best practice and to enhance personal skills.
Who should attend?
This course will be suitable for pharmacists and other health professionals with experience and responsibilities for, or an interest in, medical gas testing. This course is of particular importance to those who require the formal assessment of competency under the HTM02 every five years. The aim is to give an opportunity for QC (MPGS) personnel to be aware of developments and best practice.
A two-day course covering:
- Introduction and the work of the Medical Gas Sub group
- Updates (alerts and guidance documents) and incidents to learn from
- Health and safety in practice
- Oxygen PSA generators – my experience
- Commissioning a VIE, Nitrous oxide manifold and MA plant – problems encountered – how should we test? Richard Sutherland, Omicron Projects
- Experiences during the covid-19 war?
- Workshop scenario - Management of an oxygen line shutdown
- Question and answers, pre-course scenario discussion and assessment feedback
Please note, it is very important you to plan your return travel to enable you to attend the whole course.
* Please note, the reassessment process is of the delegate’s general knowledge of Medical Gas Testing, not necessarily of the knowledge gained during this one-day course. This is to assure ongoing competence of those retained on the QC(MGPS) register under HTM 02-01.
** As part of the formal assessment of competency, you will be sent a pre-course task/scenario to complete to see how you would test etc. This will be sent out four weeks before the course and you should bring it with you to the course as part of the mandatory assessment.
Theresa Hughes - QC (MGPS) & QA Specialist, NHS Reading
Tim Sizer, Regional QA NHS Bristol
Andrew Sully, Cardiff & Vale University Health Board
Richard Sutherland, Omicron Projects
Fees are VAT exempt
cost of tuition
course materials (paperless)
View our terms and conditions
The course will take place at:
Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill Dudley
Milestone Restaurants the Waterfront
Level St, Brierley Hill
Accommodation is not included in the course fee. If you wish to stay at the hotel the evening before the course please contact and book the hotel directly Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill–Dudley
What our delegates say
"A very informative, practical and assessment course. Highly recommended as an update for QCMGPS"
"Essential up-date for equipment and techniques in MGPS and an ideal opportunity for networking"
Harriet Wills – Course Coordinator
CPD Conference and Events Unit
Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences
3.11 School of Chemical and Process Engineering
University of Leeds,
T: + 44 (0)113 343 2494
The Pharmaceutical Medical Gas Testing Refresher and Reassessment programme has been jointly organised by the University of Leeds and: