Dr Frederick O. Pessu
- Position: Lecturer in Corrosion engineering
- Areas of expertise: Corrosion science and engineering, in-situ electrochemical measurements, experimental corrosion studies and surface characterisation, material and corrosion inhibition selection and/or optimisation.
- Email: F.O.Pessu@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 4.10a School of Chemistry- West Block
- Website: LinkedIn | Researchgate
Dr Frederick O. Pessu is Lecturer in Corrosion within the Institute of Functional Surfaces at the School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds. He holds a Bachelors of Engineering degree in chemical engineering, a Masters of Science, Engineering (MSc. Eng) and PhD degree in Corrosion Engineering from the School of Mechanical Engineering and working in the area of corrosion science and engineering since 2009.
- Lecturer in Engineering Materials
- Lecturer in Thermofluids
- Health and Safety Coordinator working with Head of School
Dr Frederick Pessu's research interests is rooted in electrochemistry, corrosion science and engineering, material selection and optimisation, and corrosion mitigation for applications related to ardous corrosion systems. The research context cuts across different energy production systems;
- Corrosion in renewable and low carbon energy production systems that support energy decaarbonisation;
- Specific interests in corrosion in molten salts used as heat transfer/thermal energy storage in Next Generation Concentrated Solar Power Generation Plants (CSP) and Molten Salt Reactors (MSR).
- Energy production systems where CO2 and H2S corrosion are prevalant
- Pitting corrosion in both across various partfolio of energy systems; including Geothermal, oil and gas and low carbon energy contexts
- Geothermal Energy systems where corrosion is driven by high salinity levels, high temperatures and presence of acid gases.
- Design and development of bespoke experimental methods for corrosion studies
- Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical Engineering (Hons)
- MSc (Eng.) Oilfield Corrosion Engineering
- Doctorate Degree (Ph.D), Mechanical Engineering
- NACE Certified Senior Corrosion Technologist
- Chartered Engineer (C.Eng)
- Professional Member, National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE)
- Professional Member, Institute of Corrosion
- Professional Member, Institute of Mechanical Engineering
Dr Frederick Pessu's presently teach Engineering Materials and Thermofluids modules within the School of Mechanical Engineering.
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Functional Surfaces
- Corrosion and flow assurance