My journey in engineering started with my first degree in material science and continued with PhD in tribology and fretting. Later on my interest shifted towards manufacturing and fluid dynamics. I have experience in experimental and numerical research with particular focus on automotive engineering. Modern cars are combination of mechanical, electrical and computer science and engineering with hybrid, electric and self-driving vehicles gaining more and more market share every year. I am finding it very exciting to be able to participate in this new revolution and to educate future automotive engineers.
- PhD (2006) in Materials Engineering and Tribology from the Laboratoire de Tribologie et Dynamique des Systemes (LTDS), Ecole Centrale de Lyon in France,
- DSc dissertation (2012) in Material Science and CFD from the University of Valenciennes in France,
- Senior Lecturer in Automotive Engineering at the University of Huddersfield in the School of Computing and Engineering,
- Lecturer in Manufacturing at the University of Liverpool in the School of Engineering,
- Visiting Professor at the University of Valenciennes in France,
- Chartered Engineer of IMechE (CEng) and Member of Institute of Physics (MInstP) in UK,
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy in UK,
- Member of Polish Academy of Science.
- Programme Manager for Automotive Engineering
- Faculty Advisor for Leeds Gryphon Racing Team
- Surface metrology and functional surfaces manufacturing,
- Additive manufacturing - Inkjet & 3D Printing,
- Wettability of surfaces and influence of surface roughness,
- Contact angle hysteresis modelling using Lattice Boltzmann method,
- High Performance Computing,
- Static and dynamic wetting,
- Surface roughness in tribology and fretting.
Areas of PhD supervision
- Surface metrology and functional surfaces,
- Tribology, wear of materials and fretting,
- Fluid dynamics, droplets deposition, wettability, evaporation.
- DSc, University of Valenciennes, France
- PhD, Ecole Centrale de Lyon, France
- MSc Eng, Technical University of Lodz, Poland
- Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Member of the Institute of Physics
- Fellow of Higher Education Academy
- Member of Polish Academy of Science
- MECH5195M Automotive Driveline Engineering
Committee member of Yorkshire Automobile Division Centre