Professor Abbas A. Dehghani-Sanij
- Position: Chair in Bio-Mech & Medical Robotics
- Areas of expertise: bio-mechatronics; robotics; medical robotics; assistive technologies; intelligent control; locomotion; sensors; actuators
- Email: A.A.Dehghani-Sanij@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2906
- Location: 448 School of Mechanical Engineering
BEng, MSc, PhD
Member of IMechE Mechatronics Forum Steering Committee
- Directorr of University Centre for Mechatronics and Robotics
- School Director of Postgraduate Studies
- Leader of BioMechatronics and Medical Robotics Research Group
Areas of research interest: - Biomechatronics/biorobotics/biomimetics - Intelligent control, sensors and actuators in robotics applicaitons
My research interests lie in the areas of Mechatronics and Robotics, in particular biomechatronics/biorobotics. These include research in distributed smart sensors, actuators, machine intelligence and control, and machine vision, for a wide range of applications in Medicine, Healthcare, Assistive Technologies and other industries. I have also been involved in industrial automation and robotics projects in the past.
The human body combines intelligence with sophisticated sensors and actuators. Thus, being a fascinating example of natural biomechatronics, this makes it the most logical source of inspiration and study when designing and developing similar intelligent systems.
Living creatures, in general, with unique characteristics provide great sources for learning and inspiration.
Research projects have been funded by EPSRC, DTI, Yorkshire Forward and Industry. They are usually carried out with close collaboration of several industrial partners and inclde the endusers from the outset.
Mechatronics, Robotics and related subjects including: - Mechatronics - Actuator Systems - Robotics and Machine Intelligence - Mechatronics and Robotics Applications
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation