- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Advancing Peptide Hydrogels for Intervertebral Disc Repair
- Supervisor: Professor Ruth Wilcox, Dr Hazel Fermor, Dr Paul Beales
I studied chemistry at the University of Leeds and graduated with a BSc and MChem in 2018. I have also achieved a MSc as part of my integrated PhD programme.
My PhD is focused on the application of self-assembling peptides for nucleus augmentation. A self-assembling peptide is used with a naturally occuring glycosaminoclycan to form a hydrogel that mimics the properties of the healthy intervertebral disc. I am investigating the effect of small changes in the peptide primary structure on the material properties of the hydrogel and its suitability as a nucleus augmentation device.
To find out more about the Institute of Medical & Biological Engineering's research visit imbe.leeds.ac.uk/research/.
- MChem - University of Leeds
- MSc - University of Leeds
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering