National launch of the Interdisciplinary Circular Economy Centre for Mineral-based Construction Materials
- Date: Monday 24 May 2021, 13:00 – 15:00
- Location: Online event
- Cost: Free event
Join a range of experts from academia, policy and industry to discuss the road to a circular economy in the construction sector.
Speakers will offer key insights on the opportunities for transformation, and this will be followed by a presentation of the Centre and how we intend to address these challenges. We invite delegates from the UK and around the world to join us to discuss with the speakers.
- Welcome and Introduction, Prof Julia Stegemann, UCL, Director of the ICEC-MCM
- Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Considering the options for sustainable use of construction minerals, Prof Phil Purnell, University of Leeds
- Delivering Sustainability through Policy for the Construction Industry, Fergus Harradence, BEIS
- Network Rail’s Circular Economy: ambitions and challenges, Katy Beardsworth, Network Rail
- Presentation of the ICEC-MCM, Prof Julia Stegemann, Prof Leon Black, Prof Mohamed Osmani, Director and co-directors of the ICEC-MCM