Neville Centre Symposium
- Date: Wednesday 30 October 2019, 13:00 – 18:35
- Location: Civil Engineering LT A (1.10)
- Type: Conferences
- Cost: Free
This event consists in the Neville Centre Symposium along with presentations from entrants to The Adam Neville Prize for the best national PhD in the field of cement and concrete.
13:00 - 14:30 - Presentations from finalists for The Adam Neville Prize 2019
Presentations will be from the entrants shortlisted for The 2019 Adam Neville Prize for the best national PhD in the field of cement and concrete, awarded in conjunction with The Concrete Society.
14:30 - 15:15 - Refreshments
15:15 - 16:40 - Presentation of The Adam Neville Prize by Andrew Neville followed by The Neville Symposium
- Adam Bradshaw, BDP - The design of high spec labs in concrete
- Anders Ole Stubbe Solgaard, COWI - Concrete Durability Design in the Middle East – Experience from Recent Projects
- Alasdair Beal, Thomasons - Concrete column design - simplifying Eurocode 2 (and BS8110)
16:40 - 17:10 - Refreshments
17:10 - 18:35 Neville Symposium presentations and Q&A
- Mohsen Ben Haha, Heidelberg Cement - CO2 utilisation for the transformation of demolition waste into cementitious materials: a step to a CO2 neutral concrete
- Tony Jones, Concrete Centre - The relevance of Ronan Point today
- Peter Robery, Robery Forensic engineering - Concrete protection and repair: 20 years of experience with EN 1504.
Registration to the event will be open until Wednesday 23rd October via Eventbrite.
For further information, please contact Neville Centre.