Dr. Anne Velenturf
- Position: Research Impact Fellow in Circular Economy
- Areas of expertise: circular economy; participation process management; governance; business model innovation; network analysis; sustainability; transdisciplinary research
- Email: A.Velenturf@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 5.03 School of Civil Engineering
- Website: My Other Personal Site | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate
I am a research impact fellow specialised in circular economy. I work on the interface of academic research and delivering knowledge exchange to support the transition towards a sustainable circular economy.
Within the circular economy space I focus on governance, business model innovation, renewables, network analysis, and participation process management. I regularly advice government via the waste management advisory group at DEFRA, the development of a National Materials Datahub via ONS, and contributions to other meetings and consultations. I support the preparation of a sector deal under the Industrial Strategy via the UK Resources Council. I am also a member of the NERC Advisory Network. I have an extensive international network of circular economy related contacts in leading academic groups, industry, government and civil society. I design and deliver participation processes to realise change, shaping the dialogue in government and industry around circular economy and influencing for example Industrial Strategy, the Resources and Waste Strategy, and the research and innovation landscape.
Resource recovery from waste, circular economy theory, sustainable development, whole system change, integrated environmental, social and economic progress.
Participation process management, social network theories, governance dynamics, evolution of industrial systems and business model innovation.
Applying circular economy to the decommissioning of infrastructure in the waste (e.g. landfills), extractive (e.g. mining and oil & gas), energy (e.g. wind, solar) and transport (e.g. electric vehicles, rail) sectors.
- PhD on Co-evolution of Industrial Symbiosis with Social Networks and Governance Systems
- MSc Applied Ecology and Conservation, specialising in Participatory Governance
- Chartered Institution of Wastes Management
- Institution of Environmental Sciences
- International Sustainable Development Research Society
Research groups and institutes
- Cities and Infrastructure