Dr Benjamin Thorpe
- Position: Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: geometric analysis; medical statistics
- Email: B.Thorpe@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 11.01 School of Mathematics
- Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics, University of York, from September 2023.
- Teaching Fellow in the School of Mathematics, University of Leeds, 2019–2023.
- Associate Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics, University of York, 2018–2019.
- Tutorial Assistant in the School of Mathematics, University of Leeds, 2017–2018.
- Research Methods Fellow in the Institute of Clinical Trials Research, University of Leeds, 2015–2017.
- Research Associate in the School of Education, Durham University, 2013–2014.
- Research Associate in the Department of Mathematical Sciences, Durham University, 2012–2013.
- PhD, Durham University
- MMath, Durham University
- Fellow of the HEA
I have been the module leader of several postgraduate and undergraduate statistics modules. Most of these modules have been lecture courses, in which I have taught a variety of topics, including statistical inference, linear regression, survival analysis, multilevel modelling, and programming in R. I have also supervised projects on the MSc programmes Data Science and Analytics, Statistics, Medical Statistics, and Statistics with Applications to Finance.