Dr Ali Ghanbarzadeh
- Position: Lecturer in Functional Surfaces
- Email: A.Ghanbarzadeh@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 4.25 School of Chemistry (West)
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate
- Undergraduate Admissions Tutor
Ali is currently active in the field of tribology especially tribochemistry/Tribocorrosion. He is involved with both experimental and analytical studies of tribochemistry and tribocorrosion(e.g tribofilm formation and removal) and their effects on wear of the boundary and mixed lubricated systems.
He has the experience of developing contact mechanics models for rough surfaces and adhesion. Ali is active in the areas of Biotribology, Automotive and lubricant additives. He is willing to supervise students with interests in computational and mathematical modelling in tribology and surface engineering.
- Friction and Wear Modelling
- Contact mechanics of Rough Surfaces
- TriboElectric NanoGenerators (TENGs)
- Viscoelastic and Adhesive Contact Modelling
I am actively conducting state-of-the-art research on the above-mentioned topics. I strongly encourage UK and International students to get in touch with me and discuss the possibility of working on these topics under my supervision. Internatioanl students with strong academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply through the university website at https://www.leeds.ac.uk/research-applying/doc/applying-research-degrees and select me as their potential supervisor if interested in my research.
<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD In Tribology 2016, University of Leeds
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering 2012, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic)
Current lecturing duties at the School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds:
- Engineering mathematics MECH1520
Previous lecturing duties at the School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds:
- Lubrication and lubricants MECH5660M
- Solid mechanics MECH1230
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Functional Surfaces