Dr Justin F Gallagher
- Position: Teaching and Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: robotics; medical engineering; rehabilitation devices; serious games; R&D; online engineering laboratories; internet of things; software engineering; student education
- Email: J.F.Gallagher@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Mechanical Engineering
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar
I am a teaching and research fellow in the Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation (iDRO). I completed my PhD in Autonomous Robot-Assisted Upper Limb Physiotherapy in 2014 at the University of Leeds. I also have an MSc from the same institution, and a BEng from the University of Leicester both in Mechanical Engineering. Outside of university I also run several business in software, robotics and IT.
My research interests include developing hardware and software for rehabilitation systems, internet of things applications, serious rehabilitation games development and evaluating potential business opportunities for the technology. I am also involved in developing systems and collaborations for the ReLOAD project, putting engineering experiments online for learning and improving engineering pedagogy. I supervise PhD projects and undergraduate projects at level 3 and 4.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- MSc (Eng)
- CEng IMechE
My teaching activities include Computers for Engineering Analysis and Vibration and Control. I also work on our campus at Southwest Jiaotong University in China. I supervise and advise on several level 3 (individual) and level 4 (group) undergraduate projects as well as PhDs.
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation