Dr Chandra Balijepalli
- Position: Lecturer in Transport Engineering Model
- Areas of expertise: traffic assignment modelling; strategic transport modelling; dynamic traffic flow modelling; vulnerability analysis of networks; developing countries: transport systems planning
- Email: N.C.Balijepalli@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5345
- Location: 1.09 Lifton Villas
- Website: My Personal Site
Dr Balijepalli has 25 years of work experience in transport sector involving research, teaching & consulting in India, Indonesia and UK. He has worked on urban transport sector projects in India funded by the World Bank, German Technical Cooperation (GTZ), United Nations Centre for Human Settlements (UNCHS) and developed integrated solutions to corridor development in large urban areas. In the UK, He has been a faculty member at Institute for Transport Studies (ITS), University of Leeds and has been involved with teaching and research. At ITS, Dr Balijepalli leads the MSc(Eng) programme in Transport Planning & Engineering and also leads the Masters Student Admission Team. He has been researching on transport problems involving land use transport interactions, vulnerability of transport networks, developing integrated solutions to improve resilient infrastructure networks.
Dr Balijepalli has published widely in top-rated transport journals and presented at various high profile conferences including Transportation Research Board’s (TRB) Annual Meetings, International Symposium on Traffic & Transportation Theory among others. In Indonesia, he has been a Visiting Lecturer at the University of Gadja Mada (UGM) delivering special topics in transport modelling. He is a member of the Transportation Network Modelling Committee of the TRB, Washington D.C. for over six years now. While in India, he served on the State Government’s Expert Committee for developing Mumbai Metro Rail System in Maharashtra, India. Dr Balijepalli has been a member of the Advisory Group for Research Evaluation, Pontifical University of Peru, Lima since June 2015.
- Programme Leader MSc (Eng) Transport Planning & Engineering
- Masters Admissions Tutor
- PhD in Transport Studies, University of Leeds, 2006
- MSc (Eng) in Transport Planning & Engineering with Distinction, University of Leeds, 2000
- M.Tech in Transportation Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Warangal, India, 1989
- B.Eng in Civil Engineering First Class with Distinction, Nagarjuna University, Guntur, India, 1987
- Member, Chartered Institution of Highways & Transportation, UK
- Indian Roads Congress
- Programme Leader for MSc (Eng) Transport Planning & Engineering
- Module Manager: Deterioration and Maintenance of Pavements
- Lecturing on transport planning & engineering for the undergraduate civil engineering students.
- Lecturing on Transport Modelling Modules for the Masters students at ITS
- Supervision of Masters Level dissertations
- PhD research supervision
- Masters Admissions Tutor