- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Licensing Small Modular Reactors
- Supervisors: Professor Bruce Hanson, Professor Robert Kay, Dr Tristano Sainati
I am a PhD candidate from the School of Chemical and Process Engineering. I am undertaking a fully-funded, four-year Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) PhD in GREEN (Growing skills for Reliable Economic Energy from Nuclear). My PhD research topic is on ‘Licensing Small Modular Reactors’, where I investigate the implications of licensing on the deployment of small modular nuclear reactors. In my first year of the PhD, I completed a postgraduate nuclear engineering diploma. It has enabled me to have a common foundation across nuclear science and engineering and to develop the necessary research and technical skills to support my PhD research in the coming years. As part of my academic pursuits, I participated in the NEA-OECD International School of Nuclear Law programme at the University of Montpellier. This programme gave me a comprehensive understanding of the legal issues surrounding nuclear energy’s safe, efficient, and secure use.
My background is in Project Management and Civil Engineering. I obtained my BEng (Hons) in Civil Engineering from the University of Mauritius in 2015. I worked as a civil engineer and project manager for four years in Mauritius for multiple utility-scale Solar Project Development and EPC works (~50MW). My scope involved the EPC works, environment review, permitting process and transmission. I have been a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) since 2019. I completed my MSc (Eng) in International Construction Management and Engineering at the University of Leeds in 2020. Between 2019 to 2021, I worked as a part-time consultant project manager on several building works projects.
I have several research interests that sit within the topic of my PhD research, such as:
- Licensing Small Modular Reactors (SMR)
- Application of in-factory certification to licensing SMR
- Modularisation and manufacturing of SMRs
- Financing SMRs
- Application of Nuclear Law to SMRs
- Civil Engineering, BEng (Hons), University of Mauritius, 2015
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), 2019
- International Construction Management and Engineering, MSc Eng, University of Leeds, 2020