- Position: Emeritus Professor
- Areas of expertise: Metal machining modelling and simulation
- Email: T.H.C.Childs@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2207
- Location: 246 School of Mechanical Engineering
I am now a retired member of staff. As such I no longer run a research group and therefore I'm unable to accept and supervise research students. However, I am still actively researching in the area of metal machining chip formation modelling and simulation, collaborating internationally with groups outside Leeds. This includes materials plastic flow and failure modelling and chip / tool friction modelling. Other areas of interest can be found by accessing my list of publications on the Leeds Univeristy database.
- BA, MA, PhD, Cambridge
- FIMechE, MInstP, CEng