- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: experimental wear simulation of hip prostheses, mechanical characterisation of biological materials, biomechanics of heart valves
- Email: A.Desai@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9238
- Location: X301 Medical & Biological Engineering
- Website: Researchgate | ORCID | White Rose
I am a Research Fellow at the Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering (iMBE), University of Leeds. In 2003 I was successfully awarded a Physics Masters degree at Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, India. In 2008 I joined Leeds University as an iMBE Laboratory Technician and in 2013 I undertook a part time PhD combined with working as a Graduate Engineer in the Institute under the guidance of Professor John Fisher, Professor Eileen Ingham and Associate Professor Louise Jennings and I successfully completed my doctorate in 2019.
My current research interests focus on the biotribology of hip and cardiovascular biomechanics.
To find out more about the Insitute of Medical & Biological Engineering's research visit imbe.leeds.ac.uk<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering