Dr Qingen Meng
- Position: Teaching Fellow
- Areas of expertise: biomechanics; biotribology; cartilage; knee; ankle; hip; artificial joints; tribology
- Email: Q.Meng@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 4.44 School of Mechanical Engineering
- Website: Googlescholar | Researchgate
My MSc and BSc in Mechanical Engineering were awarded in China. Funded by the prestigious ORSAS, my PhD was studied in the School of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Leeds, one of the top Mechanical Engineering Schools in the UK. After I finished my PhD study, I worked as a research fellow in the Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering (iMBE) at the University of Leeds. Before I took this academic position, I had contributed to a number of major grants in the iMBE, such as the EPSRC Programme Grant (Optimising Knee Therapies), the EPSRC Programme Grant (Biotribology of Articular Cartilage) and the Innovation and Knowledge Centre, etc. I have been invited to review a large number of papers by over twenty international journals, write book chapters and join the editorial board of international journals.
I am currently teaching the following modules: Biomedical Engineering Design, Biotribology, Engineering Mechanics, Finite Element Analysis. Moreover, I am also supervising undergraduate and postgraduate individual projects.
My research interests are primarily in the biotribology and biomechanics of the hip, knee, and ankle joints.<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Active Member of Orthopaedic Research Society
- Active Member of European Society of Biomechanics
I am presently teaching the following moduls: Biotribology, Biomedical Engineering Design, Engineering Mechanics, Finite Element Analysis, and L3 and L5 Individual Projects.
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering