Professor Todd Stewart
- Position: Professor of Mechanical and Medical Engineering
- Areas of expertise: biotribology; biomechanics, fatigue; prototype medical instruments; trauma biomechanics; medical devices; application of fundamental engineering principles to medical devices.
- Email: T.D.Stewart@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2133
- Location: 242 School of Mechanical Engineering
- Research and Teaching in Mechanical and Medical Engineering
Prof. Stewart’s research interests lie primarily in Orthpaedics in the areas of Joint Replacement and Trauma.
- Joint Replacement
Prof. Stewart conducts research into the functional aspects of joint replacement ( Hip, Knee) (mechanics, fixation, materials, friction, lubrication and wear).
Prof, Stewart conducts research into the mechanics and remote monitoring of load support in trauma devices and their effects on bone healing and local joint mechanics (shear).
For a better idea of his research have a look through his publications . Most of his research involves applying fundamental engineering knowledge towards improving the field of medicine. Most of Prof. Stewart’s research involves direct collaboration with local surgeons in the Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust, and staff from the Faculty of Medicine and is supported by the Leeds Biomedical Research Centre that funds healthcare professionals to support fundamental research.
<p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
To find out more about the Insitute of Medical and Biological Engineering's research visit imbe.leeds.ac.uk
- Grade 12 Diploma (1st in year) : - Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology
- BSc Mechanical Engineering : - University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- PhD Biomedical Engineering : - University of Leeds
- PEng Professional (Chartered) Engineer, APEGGA : - Alberta, Canada
- Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/1313-intra-operative-patella-femoral-resurfacing-kinematics">Intra-operative Patella-femoral Resurfacing Kinematics</a></li>
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/500-musculoskeletal-analysis-of-activities-for-healthy-ageing-in-the-knee.-">Musculoskeletal Analysis of Activities for Healthy Ageing in the Knee. </a></li>