Dr Daya Pandey
I am an Assistant Professor within the Institute of Thermofluids (iTF) in the School of Mechanical Engineering. I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), Chartered Engineer (CEng) and a Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (MIMechE).
Prior to moving to Leeds, I held academic positions at the University of Hertfordshire and the University of Huddersfield, UK. I worked as a Research Fellow (EPSRC) in the RCUK-CSEF, Institute of Energy Futures at Brunel University London and as a Senior Engineer at Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited (BCPL), India. I obtained my PhD from the University of Limerick, Ireland (through Marie-Curie ITN Fellowship). As an early-career academic, I have been awarded several research grants from various funding bodies, such as Global Challenge Research Fund (GCRF), the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office, EPSRC, OFWAT and the European Union.
My academic experience includes teaching, supervision, curriculum development and the admissions tutor. I have worked and supervised a range of research projects on low carbon energy systems focusing on energy and nutrient recovery, decarbonisation and energy transition, sustainability and circular bioeconomy.
- Gasification, Pyrolysis and Hydrothermal Process
- Bioenergy and Biofuels
- Agriculture Energy Systems
- Material and Nutrient Recovery
- Hydorgen Production
- Waste to Energy (WtE)
- PhD in Energy Systems Engineering
- MTech in Energy (Automotive) Engineering
- BTech in Mechanical Engineering
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), UK
- Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (MIMechE)
- Chartered Engineer (CEng), The Engineering Council, UK
- BRICS Young Scientist 2022
- Member of Marie-Curie Alumni Association
Team Design Project
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Thermofluids
- Energy Leeds