Dr Omar Huerta
- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: Human centred-design; Design Driven Innovation; New Product Development; Product Design; Breakthrough Innovation; Co-design; Design for Sustainability and Manufacturability; Circular economy.
- Email: O.I.HuertaCardoso@leeds.ac.uk
- Website: | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I’m a creative leader with more than 15 years’ experience working in the fields of Product Design and Design-Driven Innovation for some of the most influential companies within the FMCG industry. I’ve helped with my work to global companies to go beyond common products and to get them rediscovered through Disruptive Innovation, Design Thinking and Human Centred Design.
My work has been influential and recognized with global accolades, granted scholarships and funding, as well as worldwide media. I’ve given Design and Innovation lectures and workshops, and I’m actively involved in initiatives to improve people’s lives through Human-centred design and Design-Driven Innovation strategies.
Product Design, UX and Human‐centred design strategies have been the focus of my current research work, but I’m always interested in anything related to the design world and its relationship with the human kind.
- Design Driven Innovation
- New Product Development
- Human Centred Design & Product Design
- Breakthrough Innovation
- Design for Sustainability and Manufacturability
- Circular economy
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation
- Design sciences