Mahmoud has a background in mechanical engineering where he completed undergraduate at the University of Benghazi ( Garyounis University- Libya). Then he studied master of science MSc in “Oilfield Corrosion” at the University of Leeds. Mahmoud worked for the NALCO champion- Libyan branch as an application engineer. Then he has got an opportunity to work for Bright Star university- Libya. During his employment with Bright Star university, he worked as a General Registrar ( Head of the admission office for undergraduate students).
The research project title is ( Investigating corrosion under insulation (CUI) mechanisms by using microelectrodes)
The CUI is considered a serious threat to the oil and gas sector. The failure in the pipeline in the O&G due to CUI is estimated at 40-60%.
The aims of this research are:
- To investigate the mechanism of CUI by using three cell microelectrodes.
- To investigate the effect of different environmental condition on CUI rate ( temperature – cyclic temperature – insulation saturation)
- To study the corrosion products that formed at different conditions
- MSc- Oilfield Corrosion, 2014 University of Leeds- UK
- BSc. Mechanical Engineering, 2009 University of Benghazi- Libya
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Functional Surfaces