The University of Leeds - Postgraduate Researcher [2018- Present]
- Resreach Image of the Year 2019
The University of Salford - BSc (Hons): Prosthetics and Orthotics [2015-18]
- Best Final Year Student in Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Best Final Year Commisioned Student within the School of Health Sciences
Durham University - MPhys (Hons): Physics [2011-15]
I am a qualified Orthotist who holds and Honorary Contract with LTHT specifically focussing on Diabetic foot care. I also work as an Education Outreach Fellow for the University teaching maths in a range of formats to both school and community groups in and around Yorkshire.
My research interests lie in the field of biotribology with particular focus on the understanding of skin and its interactions with the surrounding environments relating to prosthetic and orthotic interaction.
At present my focus is looking at understanding diabetic ulceration pathways and the plantar aspect tribology of the foot to help inform healthcare development.
I am a member of the Integrated Tribology CDT (@ITCDT) https://www.it-cdt.co.uk/ which is funded by the EPSRC.
To find out more about the Institute of Medical & Biological Engineering's research visit imbe.leeds.ac.uk/research/.
- BSc (Hons) : Prosthetics and Orthotics
- MPhys (Hons) : Physics
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Functional Surfaces
- Institute of Design, Robotics and Optimisation
- Institute of Medical and Biological Engineering