- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Defect free hybrid manufacturing of Advanced Ceramic Materials
- Supervisor: Professor Robert Kay
Currently a PhD student investigating defect free manufacturing of Advanced Ceramics materials via a Hybrid Approach, under the Supervision of Prof. Robert Kay. My research involves a hybrid manufacturing platform which combines additive and subtractive methods, and the implementation of in-situ monitoring techniques to identify defects real-time and achieve closed-loop control of the process. This ultimately aims to unlock the full potential of freeform fabrication of ceramic materials to produce high-value functional parts. The project is sponsored by an Industry partner, and we have constructed a Hybrid Manufacturing Platform for them for reasearch and development.
I graduated from the University of Leeds in 2021 with a Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering (MEng First Class Hons), and opted to continue my education with a PhD in Advanced Manufacturig with Professor Robert Kay. For my Masters Thesis I conducted research involving the unconstrained deposition of electronics ciruictry, where I focused on toolpath generation aspects and converting circuit diagrams into coordinate data to instruct a robot where to deposit material.
- Additive Manufacturing- Material Extrusion
- Subtractive Manufacturing – Green state machining of Ceramics
- Formulating Ceramic materials for use with extrusion systems.
- Computer Vision
- Deep Learning for image segmentation
- Applications of Advanced Ceramic Materials.
- MEng, (2017-2021), Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds