PhD (Candidate) in Mechanical Engineering | School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Leeds
- Investigated wear degradation, corrosion behaviour, tribo-corrosion synergistic, mechanistic and tribo-chemistry (characterised thin organic films) on biomaterial cobalt-chromium alloys used for biomedical implant in simulated physiological fluids (bovine serum) as the bio-lubricant.
- Experienced in laboratory works, practical skills in operating tribometer, electrochemistry tests, wear assessment (interferometry and AFM) and chemical analysis (SEM, EDS, XPS, Raman) with strict H&S protocol.
B.Eng (Hons) and M.Eng (Hons) | Mechanical Engineering, University of Indonesia
- Designed and manufactured micro-channel heat exchanger and MEMS by additive manufacturing, photolithography, 3D printing and bio-machining techniques as an alternative and environmental-friendly process.
- Experienced in practical skills of CAD (Autodesk Inventor), CAM (NX8 Milling), FEM fluid and heat simulations (ANSYS Workbench), surface profiling and SEM, as well as laboratory setup for data acquisition (NI DAQ) in the fluid flow and heat transfer tests.
I am enthusiastic about engineering research in mechanical, biomedical, materials and 3D printing, with strong background and experience in Surface Engineering (e.g. tribology and corrosion for biomaterial implant) and Precision Manufacturing (e.g. micro-fabrication and lithography for micro-channel heat exchanger), mechanical design and surface chemistry. Accustomed to a working environment where critical thinking, analytical and practical skills, multi-cultural and multidiscipline teamwork are crucial.
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/taufiqurrakhman/
ResearchGate : https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mohamad_Taufiqurrakhman
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Functional Surfaces