Combinatorial Representation Theory: Algebra and its interfaces with geometry, topology and combinatorics
- Start date: 1 August 2022
- End date: 31 July 2027
- Funder: Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Value: £2,554,972
- Partners and collaborators: International partner institutions: NTNU Trondheim, Norway, Uppsala University, Sweden, University of Cologne, Germany, UQAM Montreal, Canada, Texas A&M USA, Universidad de Talca, Chile
- Primary investigator: Professor Karin Baur
- Co-investigators: Dr Eleonore Faber, Dr Joao Faria Martins, Professor Paul Martin, Dr Alison Parker, Professor Bethany Rose Marsh
This is a five year Programme Grant in representation theory funded by EPSRC, around a team of lead researchers based in Leeds.
Our aim is to develop a broad and holistic theory of representations, engaging and unifying diverse perspectives, from algebra, geometry and topology to physics, life sciences and engineering, enabling a cross-discipline transfer and fertilisation of ideas.
Full list of CI’s: Dr Eleonore Faber, Dr Joao Faria Martins, Prof Bethany Marsh, Professor Paul Martin, Dr Alison Parker