Dr Benjamin Chong
- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: Electrical engineering; Power electronics; Renewable energy; Photovoltaic energy; Wind energy; Control Systems; Flexible AC transmission systems; Electric drives; Energy Management & Control
- Email: B.Chong@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9091
- Location: G62 School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Best Lecturer at the School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering in 2010, 2013, 2014, 2017 and 2018
- Contributor to the textbook "Modern Control Systems" by Dorf & Bishop (13th Edition), 2016.
- PhD, University of Leeds (2011).
- Electrical Engineer at Batang Ai Hydroelectric Power Station, Malaysia (2005-2006).
- BEng in Electronic & Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds (2004).
- Programme Manager, MSc Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energy Systems
- Power and Energy Systems Theme Team Leader
Photovoltaic Energy System and Applications, Wind Power Systems, Grid Connection of Renewable Energy Systems, Power Electronics Applied to Power Systems and the Control of various Renewable Energy Systems & Storage Devices, Algorithms and Control Schemes for Energy Management in various Electric Systems, Power Flow Control in Smart Grids<h4>Research projects</h4> <p>Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all <a href="https://eps.leeds.ac.uk/dir/research-projects">research projects</a> allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.</p>
- BEng Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Dr Chong is the leader for Power and Energy Systems theme which focuses on all activities relating to student education for the areas including power engineering, power electronics, renewable energy, drives and control. He is currently leading and delivering the module relating to power electronics, control and electric drives. He is also supervising both undergraduate BEng and MEng, and postgraduate MSc projects.
Research groups and institutes
- Institute of Communication and Power Networks
- Smart energy systems