Thermofluids research laboratory
- Overview: A practical laboratory focusing on fundamental fluid mechanics and combustion research.
- Contact name: Sam Flint, Lead Technician
- Phone: +44 (0)113 343 2185
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PIV: Particle Image Velocimetry uses lasers that visually calculate velocities and vectors of particles within a two-dimensional plane, isolated from a flow three-dimensional field, recorded over a pre-set timeframe.
- High speed imaging: High speed cameras
- RCM: Rapid Compression Machine rapidly compressed atmospheres causing auto-ignition.
- Remote ignition: Igniting flammable atmospheres via non-intrusive means which do not affect the flow field.
- High quality data acquisition: National Instruments provided all of our equipment for digital and analogue I/O data capture ensuring high quality data.
- Schlieren photography: Still in development
- Wind tunnels
Formula One, automotive, freight, transport
Who can use the facility?
We are committed to sharing our facilities and associated expertise with external academic and industrial collaborators. To make an enquiry please contact Sam Flint, email@example.com.
School of Mechanical Engineering, G.50