- Overview: Underpins fundamental and applied research in various aspects of combustion to improve fuels and enhance control of combustion in engines and turbines, with safety features to prevent explosions and detonations.
- Contact name: Dr Junfeng Yang
- Phone: +44 (0)113 343 2151
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The lab offers optically accessible engines, a rapid compression machine and special combustion vessels including a unique high speed fan-stirred bomb for investigating high temperature and pressure combustion, with state-of-the-art laser diagnostic techniques and 3D imaging.
- Optically accessible engines
- Rapid compression machine
- High-speed fan-stirred combustion vessels
- State-of-the-art laser diagnostics and 3D imaging
Application areas include: burn rate control, high pressure, ‘knock-free’ combustion, reduction of explosion risk, and control of jet-flames. These have resulted in better understanding of the dynamics and mechanisms of controlled combustion (and uncontrolled explosions).
Who can use the facility?
We are committed to sharing our facilities and associated expertise with external academic and industrial collaborators. To make an enquiry please contact Dr Junfeng Yang, email@example.com.
School of Mechanical Engineering, room G50