Mrs. Kattia Lisette Hoz de Vila
- Position: Research Software Engineer
- Areas of expertise: Data Management Front/end development Cloud & Virtualisation technologies Kubernetes, Docker and Singularity containers
- Email: K.HozdeVila@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 8.49 Worsley Building
- Website: LinkedIn
Kattia Hoz de Vila is a Research Software Engineer with many years of experience in activities related to computing technologies, system integration, organisational information systems, software development in mixed platforms including cloud environments, and with vast experience in data management, design of infrastructures and teams coordination.
The last 11 years working in the research environment, first as an external consultant and the last years as a staff member at CISTIB, she gained experience in the development of collaborative solutions to support big-data analysis and machine learning tasks in the area of medical imaging. During this time, she worked in close collaboration with researchers of the University of Leeds, clinicians from the Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust and partners from external organisations across Europe. She proactively liaised CISTIB members and clinicians to support the translation process from methods into practical medical solutions.
- Data manager
- Interim team leader
- Product manager
- Microsoft Certified professional