Dr Zheng Wang
- Position: Associate Professor
- Areas of expertise: computing systems; compilers; program optimisation; operating systems; high-performance computing; distributed systems; machine learning
- Email: Z.Wang5@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1077
- Location: 7.23 E C Stoner
- Website: Personal webpage | Googlescholar
I am an associate professor at the School of Computing at the University of Leeds. I am a member of the Distributed Systems and Services Group at Leeds and the HiPEAC Network of Excellence.
I am interested in developing new methods and building systems to allow computers to adapt to the ever-changing environment. My research often uses machine learning as a design methodology. My work draws from, combines and contributes to the areas of compiler-based code optimisation, runtime scheduling, parallel programming and applied machine learning. My recent research also targets systems security.
I am a recipient of the Best Paper Award in PACT 2010, CGO 2017, PACT 2017, CGO 2019, Best Presentation Award at PACT 2010, CGO 2013, a HiPEAC paper award in 2009, and Best Paper Nomination/Finalist in ACM CCS 2018 and ACM Sensys 2019.
Research groups and institutes
- Distributed Systems and Services
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/377-automatic-software-bug-detection-and-fixing-by-learning-from-large-code-examples">Automatic Software Bug Detection and Fixing by Learning from Large Code Examples</a></li>
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/663-toward-easy-parallel-programming-for-computational-fluid-dynamics">Toward Easy Parallel Programming for Computational Fluid Dynamics</a></li>