Dr Jonathan Pickering
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Scientific programming and visualisation; materials science; modelling organic crystals by classical approximation of discursive forces.
- Email: J.H.Pickering@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5836
- Location: 9.21 E C Stoner
Research Metallurgist at what is now part QinetiQ.
Retrained in Computer Science: Conversion MSc Manchester, Mres Aberystwyth, PhD York, Application of AI to automating camera planning in 3D enviroment
Research Assistant Salford, development of software for primary and early years education.
Teaching Fellow in Computer Science (York): Architecure, Programming, 3D graphics, Game engine develoment, software engineering
Comercial: Developer for a web based database, for use by safty inspection company.
Research Assistant (Leeds): Developer of organic crysatal molecular modelling software aimed a the pharacutrical/fine chemicals industry, in association with the Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre (CCDC) .
Research Fellow (Leeds): Scientific software developer.
- Languages: C++/C; Python (scipy, numpy, Pyqt);Fortran 95; Java; MySql
- Packages: Linux/Unix; Qt; OpenGl; OpenMp/OpenMPI
- Version Control: hg and git
- User interface design
- Organic molecular crystallograpy
- Modelling van der Wall / hydrogen bonding as potential fields.
- Visualization/3D graphic
- Development of scientific software.
- Provision of training in the use of scientific software.
- Research into scientific software and software engineering.