- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: The role of free text comments in adding value to Patient-reported outcome measures (PROMs)
- Supervisor: Professor Vania Dimitrova, Professor Adam Glaser, Dr Amy Downing, Dr Richard Wagland (University of Southampton)
I am a student in the UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Artificial Intelligence for Medical Diagnosis and Care.
I graduated from the University of Bristol in 2018 with an integrated Master’s degree in Neuroscience with a study in Industry (MSci). Following graduation, I worked in project deployment with an NHS CCG in a patient data management team. This team aimed to produce dashboards that integrated patient data from multiple sources (primary, social and secondary care) to create a more holistic approach to patient care. Now, my research project investigates the role of free-text comments of Patient-Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs). It looks at how natural language processing can be used to explore how the text provides a further understanding of cancer patient outcomes, compared to the closed questions alone.
My primary area of research is natural language processing techniques and applying them to PROMs free-text comments. Also, I am interested in:
- analysis of short text and user/patient-generated text
- semi-supervised classification of short text
- knowledge bases to enhance text analysis with domain-specific semantic knowledge
- MSci in Neuroscience, University of Bristol, UK