- I worked as a teaching assistant and a lecturer at King Saud University before pursuing my Ph.D. studies at the University of Leeds.
- I received the Academic Achievement Award for MSc Students from the Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau in London.
- I received the ‘Best Student Paper Award’ for the paper presenting my undergraduate project.
I started my Ph.D. at the University of Leeds in October 2018. My project utilizes Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing to automatically construct a parallel corpus of Hadith, which is the reporting of Prophet Muhammad's life. To accomplish this, a domain-specific segmentation tool is built, which annotates Hadith's main components, Isnad and Matn. This non-trivial task possesses key challenges associated with Hadith structure that require novel methods to overcome them. Once these challenges are mitigated, the corpus will be semantically annotated to link Hadith to the Quran using ontologies predicate logic to create an Islamic knowledge base. Finally, the produced resources and tools will be open-sourced and integrated into a website dedicated to Hadith and computational studies.
- B.Sc. King Saud University - Information Technology (with Honours)
- M.Sc. Cardiff University - Information Security and Privacy (Distinction)